NCTA Membership Frequently Asked Questions
Are you looking to grow your professional network? Is your business looking to help grow and shape its talent pool? Maybe you are interested in more targeted marketing opportunities for your technology company’s branding efforts. If any of these sound like you, membership in the North Carolina Technology Association may be for you. Join now and find out how membership in NCTA can benefit you and your company.
What Are The Benefits?
By joining NCTA, you can help make an investment in the North Carolina technology community, your company and your employees. NCTA offers endless ways to grow your professional network, extend your government contacts to better support technology in the state, grow your talent and help your brand flourish in North Carolina.
Impact Public Policy:
· Increase your industry knowledge and learn about issues effecting the technology industry, gain access to the Talent Portal to find top IT talent by posting on the NCTA Job Board and learn from your peers by sharing best practices and lessons learned through Peer Networks
Build Brand Awareness:
· As a member, you can sponsor an exhibit to showcase your products and services, provide a special offer to fellow members in the Member MARKETPLACE, appear in the Online Member Directory and publicize your news through our press releases, emails, business articles and more
What Membership Category Do I Belong To?
Are You A Technology Member?
· Your major business is the production or sale of technology products or services. (e.g. advanced manufacturing, computer hardware, electronics/devices, energy, internet services, software and telecommunications) View your rates.
Are You A Technology Consumer Member?
· You use technology to meet business objectives and serve customers, but your major business is not technology or professional services. (e.g. banking, consumer goods, healthcare, industrial goods, life sciences/biotech and retail) * For this category the NC headcount range is based on IT workers only. View your rates.
Are You An Associate Member?
· You provide professional services. (e.g., accounting, consulting, commercial real estate/development, legal, printing/fulfillment, PR, staffing and venture) ** Solo practioners, (retired professionals and professionals in transition who are not employed by an eligible company/organization) can join as individuals in this category at a special rate. View your rates.
Are You An Affiliate Member?
· You are a public or nonprofit organization. (e.g., government agencies, nonprofit organizations, K-12 schools and college/university departments) View your rates.
Are You An Out Of State Member?
· You are a company/organization that has neither physical operations nor full time resident employees based in the state. View your rates.
How Much Does It Cost?
Membership ranges from $300.00 to $8,500 depending on the amount of employees or the amount of IT employees. For example, for Technology Consumer members, those who utilize technology but it isn’t their predominant business, their membership fees are based solely on the amount of IT workers they employ. For more information on membership fees, consult our membership rate structure chart.
How Do I Get Started?
Memberships are annual, and run 12 months from the time that you join. To join, use the online Join Now form or call NCTA at 919.856.0393 to join over the phone in 5 minutes!
Fax to 919.856.0396
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4020 Westchase Boulevard, Suite 350
Raleigh, NC 27607
Questions? Contact Michelle Calton, Vice President of Member Value