Betsy Y. Justus Scholarship
The Betsy Y. Justus NCTA Founders Scholarship was established in memory of NCTA's founding CEO. Following her death in the summer of 2011, NCTA launched a scholarship to support young women in North Carolina who are pursuing an academic and career path in the areas of Technology or Engineering. Every year, two students will be selected to receive the $4,000 scholarship ($1,000 per year) and a personal computer provided by Lenovo.
- Rising female college freshman, re-entry or transfer student, enrolling for undergraduate course work at an accredited institution of higher learning located in North Carolina. Must qualify for North Carolina resident status for tuition purposes.
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must declare a technology or engineering major or demonstrated interest in pursuing technology and/ or engineering.
Application Process: A complete application includes the following five items:
- Application + Essay Questions (see link to form below)
- Transcript (Note: Transcripts to be sent directly to NCTA by your current/most recent academic institution, or if sent by the applicant, must be sent in a sealed envelope and stamped or signed by school official across the seal.)
- Proof of Acceptance (Note: Applicants must provide acceptance as a rising freshman, re-entry or transfer student at an accredited institution of higher education in North Carolina).
- Letter of Recommendation (Note: Applicant must have faculty member, academic advisor, or a community leader who can attest to the applicant’s capabilities submit a recommendation letter directly to NCTA, or if sent by the applicant, must be in a sealed envelope and signed by writer across the seal.
Click Here to Apply
Please note: The online application and all required documents must be received by the May 31st deadline for consideration. Scholarship receipts will be notified by June 9th if selected.
Please send all documents to our HQ office: 4020 Westchase Blvd., Suite 350, Raleigh, NC 27607
Questions? Call 919.856.0393 or Email Alison Gordon