Welcome to the NCTA Public Affairs Portal, a one stop resource offering easy access to public affairs related documents, links and information on how members can get more involved in NCTA’s advocacy efforts. The portal includes links to state government resources and a CapWiz Legislative Action Center, provided by CompTIA, which is an excellent tool for members researching state and federal officials, learning about issues related to technology and tracking legislation.
• Government Vendor Network - Provides a forum for NCTA members that do business with the State and hosts meetings featuring senior state officials to discuss how technology is procured and delivered in state government.
• Tech Day at the Legislature - An annual event for members to gather for a free Legislative Breakfast with NC Senate and House members. Member representatives can then move to the quadrants of the General Assembly building for an Exhibit Showcase (open to the public) that highlights NCTA member companies and what they are doing to make technology #1 in North Carolina.
• Public Policy Agenda - Released at the annual Tech Day at the Legislature, the agenda incorporates an enterprise approach on issues that include tax and regulatory, education and connectivity, as well as jobs and economic development.
• CompTIA Partnership - NCTA partners with CompTIA on federal matters, and through the partnership our members have access to CapWiz. This online tool allows individuals to contact their elected respresenatives easily and quickly on topics of interest/concern.
• The North Carolina General Assembly - Provides a searchable online resource for searching bills and tracking legislation.
• NC E-Procurement - Provides an innovative, cost-saving, and efficient method of purchasing. NC E-Procurement allows government entities to aggregate their purchases to obtain better prices from suppliers.