Welcome to the Public Affairs Portal, a one stop resource offering easy access to public affairs related documents, links and information on how members can get more involved in NCTA’s advocacy efforts. The portal includes links state government resources and a CapWiz Legislative Action Center, provided by CompTIA, which is an excellent tool for members researching state and federal officials, learning about issues related to technology and tracking legislation.
• Government Vendor Interest Network - Provides a forum for NCTA members that do business with the State and hosts meetings featuring senior state officials to discuss how technology is procured and used in state government.
• Public Policy Agenda - Released at the annual Tech Day at the Legislature, the agenda incorporates an enterprise approach on issues that include tax and regulatory, education and connectivity, as well as jobs and economic development.
• State Legislative Counsel - NCTA is represented on state legislative matters by the firm of Brooks Pierce. Members may contact: Ed Turlington and Chris McClure.
• NCTA supports tax reform that avoids discriminating against innovation - read sample letter here
• CompTIA - As part of NCTA’s partnership, CompTIA provides members with a new grassroots tool community representing the interests of the information technology industry, particularly small and medium-sized businesses working to create jobs and boost the nation's economy. CapWiz/TechVoice serves as a hub for stakeholders in the technology industry and enables users to connect directly with policy makers in their district, stay on top of the latest legislative activities and learn more about elected officials and their platforms. As a resource for the IT industry at large, this resource will contain information on broad issues pertaining to smart and secure technology, innovation and competitiveness and workforce education, as well as more specific topics including workforce development, small business concerns, healthcare IT, green IT, cyber security, cloud computing, data breach and privacy.
CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE LEGISLATIVE ACTION CENTER
searchable information on North Carolina's elected officials as well as issues and legislation.
In partnership with TECNA, CompTIA polled executives nationally on Tech & Policy Issues. Results below:
Summary of Results with Regional Comparisons
Data File with Results Compared to Other Regions
• The North Carolina General Assembly provides a searchable online resource for searching bills and tracking legislation.
• Interactive Purchasing System (IPS) publicizes procurement online and lists solicitations from all NC state departments and campuses, plus public schools and some local governments.
• NC E-Procurement provides an innovative, cost-saving, and efficient method of purchasing. NC E-Procurement allows government entities to aggregate their purchases to obtain better prices from suppliers.